Comfortable burdens

 During my schooling in high school, I used to travel by transport bus. It was the biggest task because there is an arts college on the next compound of our school. There are days where the school leaves at 3.45 and we reach home at 5.15. The bus stop is in front of our school, but most of the time the bus drivers used to stop the bus in front of the college compound, and the school students used to run to catch the bus. There were only a few buses that stopped at the bus stop. Even at that time, as the stop was one of the crowded ones, we struggled so much to get on the bus. There are days of traveling on footboard. Many times we don't even have a proper handle to grip ourselves, and mostly I used to hold my friends hands. I couldn't think of the trust that I have in them at those moments. Looking at many accidents that had happened like this in recent times, I thank God for saving me. The next step after getting into the bus was handling our bags. There are many times we were scolded by my many aunties for our backpacks. The bus travels by a village road, and if the bag snatches their body, then they will start blaming us. There are some aunties who willingly ask for our bags so that we could stand comfortably. It was actually very heavy, and it's really hard to stand in the same place with it. As it holds many books, I felt like caring stones in my bag. Now my bag does not even have one percent weight that I carried during school days. Even though I tried putting up the books I have, it couldn't match the school bag.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

The Struggle for Outfit from Scratch

APRÌL FÒOL