Midnight Trauma

 Yesterday, around 3 o'clock in the early morning, I felt like my body was burning. But I didn't come to the real world, and I felt like I was in hell. All of a sudden, my brain became conscious, and I woke up from my bed. The temperature was increasing, and I realized that the power was gone. I couldn't even open my eyes properly. I went to my mom, and she told me to sit on the balcony. I took a paper from the table for being a hand fan to me (actually that was Britlit question paper), and the mosquitoes gave me a warm welcome with their bites. This was not the first. Already within the last 15 days, this was the 5th time power had gone out at midnight. On April 21, the day before the semester exam, the power was gone, and me and my brother sat on the balcony until 2 o'clock. But yesterday was terrible compared to all the other days because the power went out in the middle of the night. All the other days, it goes around 10 o'clock and then comes in at 2 o'clock. I literally want to cry loudly like a 6-month-old baby. But I couldn't. Somehow I heard our opposite flat owner uncle asking someone that the power was gone in the street and asking them to fix it. His words literally consoled me. After half an hour, the power came on. And I wake up at 9 o'clock in the morning. But I was tired all night and even in the exam hall.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL