We didn't even realize we had lost

 When I was a kid, it was really hard for my parents to handle me because of my naughtiness as well as my love for the soil. Not only during childhood, I loved playing in mud; still, I play in mud, but I never saw any of my nieces or nephews playing in mud. As a child, I knew how hard it was to watch TV for an hour without being scolded by the elders. It's like time scheduled for television. My grandparents showed me crows, cows, and goats and made me eat, but nowadays it's all about having a mobile phone in a child's hand and feeding them. Even though the scenario is not only for children, it also suits adults. One hand holds and another hand holds mobile phone. The whole concentration is on the mobile phone. Sometimes I also have my lunch while watching television. We allow children to play with artificial clay, but not in soil. We literally lost many outdoor games. I think we were the generation that had golden times during childhood. It's not the fault of children in today's generation; rather, circumstances made them. If it was a celebration at home before 10 years, cousins used to play and we enjoyed our moments, but now everyone sits with their mobile phone. The LKG kid was given an assignment. When I was that age, I didn't even know that there was a word called assignment exist in the dictionary. If it was night, we had family time, but now it's mostly mobile phone time. If it was vacation, there was a separate allocation of time for TV for everyone at home, and we waited for that time. Except TV time, we played with neighbors, cousins, and friends. If there were grandparents at home, we would listen to the stories they heard from the ancestors, and I don't know what stories the next generation will share with their grandchildren. We feel like having foreign food is even a kind of fashion and superiority, and having our native food style is a kind of inferior thinking. Trying new foods is good, but mocking the native food style was something that I couldn't digest. It's not all about the development, but we also lost something that we didn't even realize we had lost. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL