Value

 After coming to Chennai, I realized the value of many things. During my school days, every day I pour water from my bottle on the way or from the school window in order to escape from the teachers and parents. But after coming here, even one drop of water was so precious to me. If there is a little water in my bottle, I have never poured it out. Even my mom started to handle water so carefully. In our native country, if there was a little amount of water in the pot, she used to pour it to the trees, but now she asks me to fill it in the water bottle. 

Whenever I go to the market to buy vegetables, I usually feel bad for wasting so much natural food in our native country. Seeing a banana flower makes me regret it a lot because there are days where I fight with my mother when she asks me to clean it. I feel too lazy to do it. Actually, we never bought it from the market. It's available in our home itself. Sometimes, if there are many banana flowers, we cut them for eating a small piece that tastes good, and then we throw the flower. I was surprised to see banana stems in the shop, and a lady was asking the price, and the vendor told her that it was 30 rupees. I asked my aunt what they would do with the banana stem. She told me that there are different recipes for it. After the semester, when I go to my native country, I plan to try some recipes from banana stem. In those 18 years of life, the native never realized its value. 
Then jackfruit seed. I knew the recipes, but I wasn't particularly interested in eating them. Sometimes, if it had been a long time, I would try it. Every time after eating the Jack fruit, we used to throw it on the rock behind our home, and it returned with that force, and at last we were given a broomstick to clean it. Literally, Chennai life taught me the value of many things in my life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL