Vacation class

 Today morning I was standing on the balcony in order to take my clothes. I saw a girl in school uniform. I was thinking about this, and within a few minutes, the little girl in my neighborhood with her elder brother came out of their home in their school uniform. I went inside the home and asked my mom, who was busy with her cooking chores, about these children in school uniforms. I knew that schools were closed already. She told me that there are some schools where the students have classes for the next academic year. When I asked her, how did she know about it? She told me that the relative grandmother told her that her grandsons were having class, so she was unable to visit us. 

Then when is their vacation holiday? No reply for this. But she told me that even 2nd grade students are having classes, and they have leave in May. When the exam finished, they had  leave for a week, and meanwhile, I was thinking about my school life, where I had only extra classes for the last three months of my school life. Education is needed, but I won't agree that it overlapped  the experiences and moments we had during summer vacation. The two month holiday holds bunches of memories to recall. And most importantly, during that May holiday, these children were given enormous holiday homework. Even though I had holiday homework, personally I didn't like it, so I never did it properly. 

My parents had greater and more golden memories than me. Sometimes when my mom shares about summer vacation, my brother always blames her, saying that you guys enjoyed it to the fullest and always want us to study or go to any vacation courses. She replied to us that your generation needs skills. That's how the conversation ends every time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL