The Welcome Girl

 Yesterday after the first hour, me and my chunk ( best friend)went shopping because we didn't have the second hour. It's actually so hot outside, even though we both were under the umbrella. We saw that the escalator was not working, and it made us even more tired. We consoled ourselves and walked through the esclator because walking on them was easier than walking on the steps. After some time, we reached the shop. Actually, when we leave our bags, we should get a token for them, but yesterday security told us to leave the bags without any tokens, and there was no one to give a token. Anyway, we left our bags under the scrutiny of security and entered the shop. There was no welcome girls at the entrance, and in the feel of AC, we both didn't cared about that. Again, we both started to hunt for the material for my lehenga stitching. I clicked some images and shared them with my mom so that she could see them. I bought a satin tape, and in order to avoid getting tokens on the other floor, we both came outside the shop and kept the tape in my bag. When we both came near the exit, we could see why there were no welcome girls. They were having a meeting, and we were shocked after looking at their faces. They were being scolded by their head, even though customers were there. We were like, What was going on there? Everyone's face was in such a tight state. Then we both entered the shop again and waited for the lift to reach the last floor. After shopping there, we both again entered the lift, and the sister, who is the lift operator, was asked by the salesgirl about the meeting on the ground floor. She gave two hints, and I was able to understand what that meant. We could see the sad faces of the welcome girls after the meeting. The one who headed the meeting was still in her angry face. She also looked at both of us with her angry face. When we went to pick up our bags, the one who stood there to distribute the bags was lamenting to her companion. Again, after college, I went to the same shop with my mom and aunt to purchase the material that I had selected. The first thing I noticed this time was the faces of the welcome girls. They were in the same sad mood as when I saw them in the morning. There was no smile on their faces. After completing our shopping at the exit, I smiled at a welcome girl. She smiled in return, and her eyes showed me that there was a pain in her smile. Its really hard to be a welcome girl because in school days when we were punished to stand for 45 minutes, we were unable to stand in the same place. But there are still some welcome girls who never mind their pain and give us a smile. So whenever you see a welcome girl give her a smile. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL