The Feel of Missing

It's all about missing the temple festival for the first time. From the day of my remembrance, it was mandatory for me to go to the festival. Only last year I didn't go because I had my public exam (maths) on the next day. It's near my grandmother's home, so most of the days we used to spend there. My grandfather used to take me and my cousins for a little walk, and he used to buy us snacks. I could not explain the beauty of the shops, the lighting, and the joy everyone has in them. I used to have a night walk with my dad from my young age because of my obsession with seeing the lights, and I won't torture him to buy any toys because he used to turn my mind by explaining about the lights. Every year, we used to buy helium balloons, and their lifespan usually ends after a week. Even most of the life of the toys ends sooner because we live with them for 24 hours. Relatives used to buy toys and accessories for us. Our family had a tradition of keeping achaar (pickles (mango/gooseberry)) and also water in the entrance. Everyone gathers, and the elders used to prepare, and we children also helped them with our little service. We all sit at the entrance, and when the water and the pickle are in a state of ending, we run towards our grandfather and tell him. He used to refill them. On the 8th day of the Ulsavam, elephants will be in the procession. Most of our faraway relatives met us on that day, and that's the only reason I knew about them.

It's a place where I can see the secularism of our country. There will be people from every community and religion. It's all about happiness and the memorable moments we shared. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL