Kannamoochi

 Today, after the 4th hour, everyone departed from the class because we don't had the 5th hour. But some of my friends were in the class. We were clicking images, and I was clicking an image of a flower that was on my desk. Then, after some time, I took my bag, came down with two friends, and waited near the steps. We heard loud laughter from the III BA History class. They were playing Kannamoochi. We could see the inner child of everyone at that time.

They were disturbing the catcher by clapping their hands. Hearing the sound, the catcher came near a brother, and he was actually crawling in order to escape being caught by the catcher. Everyone was shouting and thinking that he would be caught, but he escaped from it through his intellectual skills and flexibility. 


   I literally went back to my childhood days. I was the only girl child in my family who lived in the native. All the others were in Chennai. During vacation, I used to wait for our cousins arrival with my elder brother. The day before our cousins arrival, me and my brother never slept properly due to excitement. Kannamoochi was one of the major games that we played on our vacation. Before starting the game, we used to ask the cousin whose eyes were tied by a shawl to identify the numbers that were shown by us through our fingers, and we used to rotate them in order to confuse them with the directions. It used to be so much funnier because we also disturbed the cousin, who is the catcher, by clapping hands. Sometimes the catcher goes to hit the walls and the flower pot, and we shout danger to them, and usually many end up hitting them. Once I was the catcher and my cousins were shouting danger, and I didn't know in which direction, and they yelled that it was right. At that young age, I usually confused right and left, and I ended up falling into the bushes.

   I think we were the last generation to play such games, and some of my cousins were married, and their children didn't even know what these games were. My niece usually asks the mobile phone to play the shooting game( games like PUBG and FREEFIRE), and if we pick up the phone from them, they start to cry. Whenever me and my younger cousin called them to play, they never showed interest in playing these outdoor games; rather, their concentration always lies on mobile phone games. I think it's not their fault; it's all about how they are trained nowadays.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL