IS DORAEMON AN AI?

In my GC (General Course), we were given a different topic for our presentation. We should collect information regarding how AI is used in our respective departments as well as in the political science department. At first, when I got this topic, I regretted for the first time taking PS as my GC. The subject was kind of boring for me at the beginning because it dealt with individuals,society,norms, and values, and I felt so much philosophical knowledge in that, which my mind struggled so hard to get. Gradually, the subject drew me into it. And at last, I felt it was worth taking it as my GC. Most of the time, the subject was relevant to my Allied subject, Social History of England. As a girl who was fond of history, I loved getting into those concepts.

  The subject was moving in a smooth manner, and the seminar topic was a disaster for everyone. When I discussed this with other department friends, I came to know that they were also struggling. But somehow I got rid of my laziness and started to prepare for the presentation. I literally struggled to filter it out and finally presented it. That was a new experience dealing with a topic related to AI. During my preparation, I also gained a doubt. Is Doraemon an AI? As a girl who grew up watching Doraemon, I never had this question in my life. And the next question was Is it possible to create a Doraemon in real life? Doraemon can understand human emotions, intuition, and interactions. It also has a strong sense of ethics and moral judgement. However, I think it is really a challenge for AI scientists to make a real-life Doraemon who is emotional and good at solving problems. Doraemon is an AI robot. Who knows, maybe there might be a Doraemon in 2112.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL