UNEXPECTED SEMINAR

        It was around 7 o'clock, and I took my laptop to write the blog. All of a sudden, I got a call from my classmate. She asked me to join the seminar, and I was like, "What? My brain started to realize that I have a seminar for one of my major papers. I thought it was on March 14th. But it was scheduled for today. I immediately ran to wash my face. I uprooted my mom’s phone because my data is 100% over. I started to search for the PDF. Actually, I prepared for the seminar a month ago, but I didn’t have a look at it afterwards. I could hear my heartbeats in my ears. I had a look at my notes and PDF. I connected to the wifi and joined Google Meet. My classmate was presenting her seminar. And after a while it's my turn; I didn’t plan anything well.

 I presented my seminar on the poem “The Hollow Crown” by William Shakespeare. It is extracted from his play, King Richard the Second. In this poem, King Richard is reminded of the power of death, that overshadows everything including the power of rulers. I compared this with the Sundara Cholan in Ponniyin Selvan, who expresses his sorrow at dying of illness rather than war. The difference that I found between them is that King Richard feared death because his cousin Bolingbroke was going to kill him in the battle, and Sundara Cholan feared death because his ancestors died in great battles, but he was going to die due to illness. My professor appreciated the way I compared the two, and I was too happy. I was able to present it because I prepared for it. Even though my brain told me to skip the seminar and to concentrate on CA III, my intuition asked me to do the presentation, and it turned into a memorable one and a good experience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL