SNAKE AND LADDER

   I was traveling by auto, and there was a man with a snake and ladder board in his hand. It took me back to my childhood days, and I recalled tons of memories. I have 12 cousins, and I am the youngest who lived in my native. All the other ones were in Chennai. During summer vacation, everyone arrive to the native country, and we are called by neighboring people as 'battalion'. We used to roam around our village. Even during family weddings, it's mandatory for us to play hide-and-seek and outdoor games. Once we get tired, we move towards indoor games. Snake and Ladder was the most funniest game, and it holds many laughs. I still remember once my cousin reached the top row, and unfortunately, if the dice showed 4, she would be eaten by a big snake, and we all told her that this snake would surely eat you, and that happened. She started to cry, and we died in laughter. And there are some cousins who used to enchant the dice with mantras and make us laugh till our stomachs ached. Some used to throw dice to touch the ceiling so that they would get the number they wished, but it used to end up in missing the dice, and at last we had to sweep the floor in order to find the dice. But now we never play those games. Many of them got married, and when we remember our childhood days, it was actually a golden era in life.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY ENDLESS THIRST FOR BIKE RIDES

PONNIYIN SELVAN - MY FIRST NOVEL

APRÌL FÒOL